A well-published freelancer, I've covered everything from interviewing American Idol finalists and NASCAR drivers to profiling hot travel destinations and the latest wedding trends–plus everything in between. My areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, business, real estate, fashion, beauty, home, shopping and more. My work can be found in national, regional and local publications as well as websites around the World Wide Web.
In addition to writing, I also copy edit, blog and proofread. I consult on and assist with social media for clients, including posting on all their social networks (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, etc.).
My areas of expertise include, but are not limited to, business, real estate, fashion, beauty, home, shopping, wedding, travel and more.
- “Defining Realistic Goals,” Livestrong.com, Jan. 17, 2013
- “10 Chores to Save for Nap Time,” Mom.me, January 2013
- “The Best Destinations for Family Vacations,” eHow.com, January 2013
- “Homes for the Holidays,” Georgia Magazine, November 2012
- “Amped Up, Automated & Advanced,” Atlanta Home Improvement, November 2012
- “Wild About Tile,” Atlanta Home Improvement, October 2012
- “Celebrating Advent, The ‘Beginning’ of the Christmas Season,” eHow.com home, Sept. 26, 2012
- “Riding the Rails with Kids in America’s Southeast,” Travelmamas.com, Sept. 25, 2012
- “The Beach Club Review,” FamilyVacationCritic.com, September 2012
- “Touring Manhattan with Gray Line New York,” AllThingsLifestyle.net, August 2012
- “Go the Extra Mile for Your Repeat Customers,” VOWS, July/August 2012
- “Chasing History,” Sunday News, July 15, 2012
- “Vaccines Do Save Lives,” AllThingsLifestyle.net, July 2012
- “Sara Sara Cupcakes: A Must-Have Treat,” RoadTripsforGirlfriends.com, June 29, 2012
- “10 Home Staging Tips & Tricks – Preparing Your House for Sale,” MoneyCrashers.com, April 13, 2012
- “Savannah’s Past is Present,” Sunday News, April 8, 2012
- “What’s Missing From Your Budget?” VOWS, March/April 2012
- “Tennessee Treasure,” Sunday News, March 25, 2012
- “How to Ship a Car by Train,” ehow.com money, March 2012
- “Creating a Gorgeous & Meaning Bouquet,” Weddings in Houston, February 2012
2011-present Executive Editor, AllThingsLifestyle.net (online lifestyle magazine)
Write, edit and fact-check editorial copy. Edit and proof layouts. Work with public relations firms
regarding product reviews, giveaways and advertising. Manages all social media for the site on
Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, YouTube and Google+.
1998-2011 Over the last 13 years, I worked in several editorial positions, including:
Copy Editor, Marietta Daily Journal; Senior Editor, Pinnacle Publishing Company Inc.; Managing Editor, Atlanta Construction News; Copy Editor, Atlanta Sports & Fitness; Copy Editor, Wedding Dresses; Copy Editor, Engagement 101; Managing Editor, Benefits & Compensation Solutions: and Copy Editor, JEZEBEL.
1997 Bachelor of Arts in Journalism, University of Southern Mississippi
COMPUTER SKILLS (PC AND MACINTOSH)
Adobe Acrobat, Adobe InCopy/InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, Quark Express, Quark Copy Desk, Extensis Suitcase, FileMaker Pro, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, Wordpress, Twitter, Facebook, Google+, TweetDeck, HootSuite, Pinterest, YouTube